Members of the Kingsmount/Bell Park CAN Executive:
Chair: Michael Penwarden
Treasurer: Denise Renaud
Secretary: Katherine Hahn
Communications: Paul Haynes
City Councillor: Fern Cormier
City Liaison: Kelly Brooks
Greater Sudbury Police Service Liaison: Constable Bailey
What are the benefits?
Community Action Network
The City of Greater Sudbury recognizes the following benefits in establishing and supporting Community Action Networks:
- CANs enhance the overall quality of life in Greater Sudbury’s social, environmental and economic sectors.
- CANs enable citizens to participate, appreciate, and fully understand the services offered by community organizations and groups.
- CANs help to identify community needs and establish co-operative working relationships.
- CANs promote democracy and inclusiveness by giving participants (community members, City Council, and City staff), a unique vehicle to work in harmony toward common goals.
- CANs provide a mechanism for planning at the community level by identifying the different projects with which individual Community Action Networks will be involved.
- CANS take action and implement projects and initiatives which have a positive impact on the quality of life in Greater Sudbury.